Assured Asset Energy (AR4) are funding 15 smaller scale AD projects which will be fed only on slurry unlike our large projects which require additional feedstock such as energy crops. These projects will;
- Provide a guaranteedannualincomederived from the Lease of the land.
- Not require farm asset security or planning permission.
- No farm working capital required to facilitate the construction and operation of the proposed AD slurry facility.
- Offer direct income saving from using thermal heat within the farming enterprise. (This will be determinable on the farming activities of the enterprise. For example if the enterprise is a large dairy unit, the thermal heat can be utilised to provide heating for the dairy and reduce the daily electrical load)
In addition to the above the smaller scale AD plants;
- Require minimal workforce to operating the facility – They will require approximately 20 minutes labour per day, due to the significant instrumentation, data analysis and detailed design of the AD facility.
- In the design of the product, there is an additional storage tank provided (150kw only)
- Both the digester tank and the storage tank provide an additional storage capacity for approximately 5 months.
- Direct electrical saving from using the electrical power on the farming enterprise. This will be determinable on the farming activities of the enterprise. If the enterprise is a large dairy unit the electrical can be utilised to provide electrical power for the dairy and reduce the subsequent daily electrical load.
- The plant is easy to operate and maintain. The system is designed to operate in an agricultural environment with no special skills or additional employees required. Remote control access via smart phone or PC is part of the package.
- The plant is compact and of modular design, due to the design, the plant has a small footprint. The system can be tailored to the particular operating conditions in terms of size and power capacity. Due to the standardisation of the plant, the construction time on site has been significantly reduced to approximately 2 working months
- Nitrates Directive (NVZ ) storage requirements are greatly increased at the farm enterprise with this type of product. The farmer has a direct financial gain as investment of these storage tank capacities is nullified and this farming capital can be redirected into other parts of the farming enterprise.